Re: Left Outside Rear View Mirror

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 09:19:07 EST

Michelle -

Sounds like they may have given you the wrong mirror .

What I would do is bring the old broken mirror with me to the dealer and
let them make sure that they have the correct part .

Also , have you thought about aftermarket remote mirrors ? They may be a
lil more $$ , but they are usually pretty slick .

Anyway , good luck .

At 12:06 AM 12/10/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>Ok, I'm really embarrassed now, but I need help again >:) I will try to
describe the problem as accurately as I know how...as to me this seems
confusing...ok here goes:

>(ducking and cowering) - my '93 CC Dakota LE had a bit of an accident with
the left outside rear view mirror. <cringe, cry, faint> Ok..the original
that was on there...had a "remote" on it, which you could adjust the mirror
position from the inside of the truck. (I saved the broken pieces and still
 have them) The bracket which the mirror fits on to (on the broken piece)
has 3 holes for the remote wires to attach onto. The new mirror that I
picked up from Sandoval Dodge here in Las Cruces...has the same outer
shell/casing, but my stepdad moved the mirror around to view where the
bracket is..and he didn't see anywhere for the "remote wires" to attach to
on this new mirror. He said it had one center chrome/silver post holding
the mirror. He wants me to call Sandoval tomorrow and see if it is a remote
mirror or not. Also, he said that the remote ..,,on the ends of the
wires...should be like a "cap" or something that can actually lock onto the
mirror and be secure...well, the "remote wand" is just showing bare
wires/tips ...does this mean I need a new remote wand with the
tips/whatever intact? I'm totally confused...as the mirror "looks" exactly
like the broken one, except for the backing where the remote wires should
attach. Do I or do I not have a remote mirror? I asked him if the remote
mirrors were only put on from factory and that there are no aftermarket
remote mirrors...am I wrong? The part # for the new mirror I have is :
4354365. I'm not sure what else to say/describe ...I'm just wondering if
there is such a thing as a remote mirror and a non-remote mirror for a '93
Dakota. Again, the housing/casing is identical....black shell..even has the
same numbers...it's the actual mirror I'm questioning. Do I need to return
this "non remote" mirror for a remote mirror? If so, do I need to get the
"remote wand" as well? This mirror that I have, cost @$100. How much more
would it cost for the remote mirror + remote wand (if I need a replacement)
Any all help would be EXTREMELY appreciated. I also visited Koller Dodge
via website and e-mailed them my problem. I haven't had very good luck
with Sandoval. :( The words in "" are there because I don't know if it's
the correct part name/terminology etc. That's why I said I'd do the best I
can to describe the problem. Thanks to all!!
>Sincerely,
>Michelle
>MWarford@zianet.com
>'93 Dakota CC/LE (with majorly confusing left mirror problem :*( )
>BTW: Happy Holidays to all
>
>P.S. - Is there a web site where I can view these bumper stickers that
Shaun and Jon are working on...maybe I missed that msg?! Would like to see
the styles so I can get one for my Dak. >:) Thanks again, and sorry about
the longevity of this msg. :(

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net