Re: 94 Dakota 4x4, transfer case, fuel pump and now the tranny

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Fri Dec 11 1998 - 10:53:54 EST

I donīt know Tad, but it sounds like something in the tranny went out to lunch.

I wrecked the oil pump in my tranny by running an extended stall test (only
5 SECONDS, not 5 MINUTES!!!). When the oil seal went, it dumped fluid out
the bell housing. I limped home, but the low fluid caused enough damage
that all the clutch packs had to be replaced. I got a TCI torque converter
when I got it rebuilt, but it was an expensive adventure.

Good luck!