RE: FABM and gas mileage?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Dec 11 1998 - 10:46:54 EST

I ran it for 1 tankfull, which came out to about 190 miles, and found that
it fell flat on it's face on take-off. With my other system, I consistently
get 225-235 miles out of it and the acceleration is exceptional from
take-off to about 6000rpm (Roller Rockers helped that out).

I admit...I'm a lead foot...but both tests were done with my normal,
everyday driving with the same gas, weather, and streets/highways.
Resetting the computer was done but isn't necessary since the systems are
fully capable of adjusting while you drive anyway. The only time a computer
reset is required is if you change something drastic such as: Roller
Rockers, Aftermarket Chip, or any sensor. Exhaust and Thermostat may
require this but I've never seen it required.

It's not a bad system, it just doesn't seem to work very well on the V6's.
Works great on the V8 though...I gave the specs/directions to a buddy of
mine with a '98 Dak 5.2L...and he's loving it.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net
"Gonna buy me a Dodge Truck and blow those Fords off the road....."