Re: Mufflers

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Sat Dec 12 1998 - 23:25:13 EST

Speaking of Supertrapps , has anyone ever used them ?

I hear they quite well on a V8 . Some guy in my neck of the woods had one
on an eclips though and it sounded like an anemic 2-stroke .

Anyway , what I want to do on the R/T is to dump the rear bumper in favor
of a roll pan . I would then like to have twin Supertrapps exiting directly
under the middle of the truck under the plate . Only problem with this is
that you would not be able to get the spare down with them there . Anyone
looked to see if you can fanagle pipes up and over the spare and then back
down ? I know it sounds stupid , but I don't wanna lose the use of my spare .

At 11:09 PM 12/12/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Ok, I was thinking about all this stuff when I saw a new article in Hot
>rodding (I think) about mufflers. They switched out about 8 different
>mufflers on the same car and 1/4 miled it with them on and without any
>muffler. Well, obviously the open headers were the best, then after that
>was a large case walker dynomax muffler. I think it was called 17749.
>Flowmasters (3 and 2 chamber) came in last in everything. Supertrapp was
>right behind the Dynomax and then small case Dynomax was after that.
>Sounds like dynomax has it going on. BTW, they had Borlas and other stuff
>like that up there too. Just food for thought.
>
>Bill
>'97 SS/T

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net