Re: Dakota 360 swap...

From: Bobby Nicks (bwnicks@ibm.net)
Date: Sun Dec 13 1998 - 09:45:05 EST

William Blount Arthur wrote:

> Live free or die man!
>
> NC isnt big on that junk either. SC is the same way. Hope they stay that
> way.
>
> Bill
> '97 SS/T from Kinston, NC

Bill,
Kinston may not have it, but it's coming. Raleigh, Greensboro, and
Charlotte have very strict emission controls and the rest of the state
will also within the next 2 years. The way the North Carolina law reads
is that if it doesn't come from the factory it is illegal, period.
Carb. numbers don't mean anything.

Only way to get headers and cleaned-up intake thru is to either remove
them for inspection or find an inspection station that a friend works
at. Got my JBAs on my Dakota thru that way, but had to take the Carb.
approve K&N II intake off my Impala SS to get it passed. After it
passed I put it back on.

Bob

95 Dakota V-8
96 Impala SS