Re: Swap of "crate" 360 into '97 Dakota?

From: Allen Cates (setac@setac.com)
Date: Sun Dec 13 1998 - 12:25:56 EST

I agree, if you are looking for the best performance and are willing to pay the
price.

When you say you put in a 5.9, I gather you put in a 5.9 magnum and used the
existing EFI, correct? I have heard people say they have fuel injected a non
magnum engine, but have not seen proof. Have you actually seen a standard 360
that was fuel injected and placed in a Dakota truck? Further, the crate engines
being sold by Chrysler are not Magnum engines to my knowledge. I have heard
about modified M-1 manifolds to incorporate fuel injection, however, the only
successful one had to use the standard 2 barrel throttle body. Who do you know
that modifies the M-1 manifold? Do you have first hand knowledge?

Please be advised that email is void of facial expressions to have a true
exchange of ideas, so do not take my comments as criticism and I do not disagree
with your comments. I am sincerely interested in your information.

Allen

--

*My office Telephone #: 318-988-2236 (Automatically beeps me. Leave a message) *My office Fax #: 318-988-2411 *Company Web Site: http://www.setac.com