Re: Swap of "crate" 360 into '97 Dakota?

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 13 1998 - 14:29:33 EST

In a message dated 12/13/98 12:20:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, setac@setac.com
writes:

<<
 When you say you put in a 5.9, I gather you put in a 5.9 magnum and used the
 existing EFI, correct >>
Well yeah. The 5.9 is out of a 93 B van, so yes, it uses the same EFI.

  I have heard people say they have fuel injected a non
magnum engine, but have not seen proof. Have you actually seen a standard 360
that was fuel injected and placed in a Dakota truck?

No, I have never with my own two eyes seen an old style previously carberated
but now fuel injected in any Dakota. However I have heard of it before and in
the Feb '99 Mopar Action they are showing the first of a 3 part series called
"Squirt Guns": Installing Multipoint Electronic Fuel Injection on any
Mopar--even yours!" I believe it is a kit from Accel that comes with the TB
and get this its a 4 hole TB!! 1200 CFM with all the electrical hook ups. A
brain box to wire all sensors, and raw fuel rail stock.
    In the article it answers all your questions. They even have Accel
Injectors! They also use Accel high pressure high volume fuel pump.

  The sources for the kit or any valuable info is:
    Rance Fuel Injection Service http://www.rancefi.com
rance@rancefi.com
    Accel--A Mr Gasket Company http:www//mrgasket.com/
                                                   tech@mrgasket.com