Swap of "crate" 360 into '97 Dakota?

From: William T. Goldbach (goldbach@tellink.net)
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 19:39:20 EST

Does anyone know what problems I'd have swapping a Mopar "crate" 360 engine
into a '97 4x4 5-speed Dakota? Would it even bolt up to the
transmission/motor mounts? How about interfacing between the old-tech engine
(carbureted, regular ignition system), and the high-tech '90s electrical
system? There are no smog checks here (New Hampshire), and I think the 360
would be a lot easier to get some big power out of than the 5.2L that's in
it now. Anyone done this? Ideas? Thanks! -Bill