Re: RE: copper colored Dak

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 15:55:55 EST

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 DICEMAN469@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/15/98 2:34:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:
>
> << (And why not? That's all they seem to care about... Looks.
> Which actually wouldn't be *too* horrible except for the fact that
> their ideas about what looks good are really whacked! [insert
> comment about smoking bad crack here]) >>
>

> Ya know, I own a 1995 dodge dakota that is lowered, with large rims, and
> low profile tires. Personally I like the lowered look, and I like having a
> truck to haul cargo around town, yet still be able to dig my rubber in the
> ground and spank the crap out of most cars. Not many cars can take an on-ramp
> in excess of 70 miles an hour with minimal sway, let alone a pickup truck. I'm
> not crazy about raised trucks, and I don't see the point esp. out here in Long
> Island, NY where there's no such thing as an "off road". But to each their
> own, you don't see me calling you guys a bunch of crack-smoking hillbillies??
> Opinion's fine...but lay off the insults ok?? Especially considering you're
> running the whole show here, you should be setting a reasonable example. No, I
> am not offended by something as trivial as a truck, but if everyone had the
> same taste, there'd be no such thing as "custom", am I correct??

  Allright, that's it; yer off the list!! Hee hee hee! :-)

  I've seen your truck; I think it looks nice. You're in a different class
than the guys I was insulting. :-) Heck, I plan to lower my truck in the
future too! (probably about the same as yours; a 2/3" or 2/4" drop) (But it
sure won't have the tires scraping on the top of the fenderwells!) Also, you
obviously care about more than how close you can get the body to the ground,
based on your on-ramp comment. I'd hate to think of how some of those lowered
jobs handle!! :-( Most of those things you can't even drive without
raising it up with airbags; I fail to see the point in investing all
that money in something that can only be used in a parking lot. IMHO, its
not a sculpture; its a truck; drive it, man!!! :-)

                                              -Jon-