RE: RE: copper colored Dak

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 16:23:04 EST

I think you were reading more into Jon's response than was there. Did you
check out the URL that was in question? Lowering a vehicle is nice when it
has a purpose besides just "the look" and the same applies to lifting a
vehicle. I've seen a lot of lifted trucks with great mud-biting tires that
have never gone off a city road.

No, you definitely don't need a lifted 4x4 in Long Island if you never plan
on going anywhere, but where there are people, buildings, paved streets, and
the club scene. There's nothing like taking your truck off the beaten path,
find a secluded place to be alone, and camp out. Most people do feel the
need to get away from home and the big city. I really can't see how you
could relate this to being a "hillbilly". Why else would they have created
that butt-ugly Lexis SUV which seems to be a lawyer favorite? I'm sure a
true mountain hillbilly couldn't afford one. I guess it all just boils down
to taste, where you want your vehicle to take you, and how do you want to
get there. Some may want a highway and others may prefer a challenge.
Truck against nature! Many times nature will win.

Lifted or lowered, there's someone out there that wants them.

Then there's me - I WANT BOTH!!! :)

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd