Re: [Fwd: Re: Faster R/T DAKOTA]

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 20:32:46 EST

In a message dated 12/15/98 10:25:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ashort@flash.net writes:

<< Yeah, break it in like your gonna drive it, FAST & HARD! I turned the
 key on my R/T for the 1st time at 2.5 mi., got apound the corner and
 nailed it, haven't took my foot out of it yet @ 11,000 mi. To me there
 is no benefit to babying a motor for any length of time, it hurts it
 more to drive it one rpm range all the time, at least vary the rpm, a
 little city, a little hwy, a lot of kickin it's *ss. That's my way, and
 just my opinion. Alan S. >>

Close to my method but I believe 300 miles gives it time to wear the edges off
thing then hammer it. I had a guy (service tech for Suzuki ) that drag racing
it from the git go would probably break it in better than anything. He said
the constant RPM at any range is not good and that parts heating up (more on
braek in) was bad. Drag racing or similar would vary the RPM and allow things
to heat up and cool down and was a excellent method for break in. He did say
not to get on the breaks to hard on slow down to give them a chance to seat
in. ??????????????????? Worked for me.

Bill