Re: 11sec dak- How I did it

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 16 1998 - 20:09:42 EST

In a message dated 12/16/98 7:27:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tomm@datarecall.net writes:

<< Greetings!
   From a new DML subscriber. I finally broke down and bought a computer. I
guess its because I' ve been spending to much time on my truck! >>

Welcome Tom sounds like a awsome truck fer shurr..

<<The first thing I' d like to say is that is no max-effort, high dollar race
truck. Any member can easily replicate what I' ve done for a relatively
modest investment. >>

What do you consider modest, kinda sounds to me that you version and some
others may vary ? :-)

<<Intake- M-1 single plane drilled for fuel injectors
(24lb)>>

Where did you get the M1 and have you had any adverse conditions with the 24#
injectors ?

<<Throttle body- bored by AST in Houston>>

Do you know the CFM flow of this TB ?

<<Ignition- MSD 6a>>

Are you using any retard with the juice ?

<<Power adder- Nitrous Express Gemini plate system -150HP (adjustable)>>

Does this system add fuel at the plate ?

<<Regulator- mallory FP regulator on return line (92 daks)>>

What is it set to ? Do you increase it with juice ?

<<Tranny- 518 2600 stall,shift kit>>

Is this tranny stock other than shift kit ? Is it a lock up TC ? Where did you
get the 2600 TC and the 3500 TC and how much ?

<<rearend- stock 3.92>>

What year truck do you have and is this the 8 1/4 rearend and have you had any
problems with it ?

<<This truck use to have a vortech s-trim putting out 10 lbs of boost.>>

What happened to the Vortec and why ?

<<ET: 11.5 @118 (150 shot N20)
60ft:1.70
Motor:13.2 @103.8>>

Definitely a good runner. How do you trigger the juice and when ? What size
bottle and how many consistent runs per bottle ?

<<PS I just added a 3800 stall converter>>

Good luck here, be real interesting to see if the rearend will take the abuse.
How did you come up with 3800 for the stall speed, way to high for Juice from
anything I've seen. The 2600 would be almost Ideal for juice from what I've
seen and is what I have been looking for but have been skeptical as to how the
tranny and rear would hold up. That 3800 results is going to be interesting.

Hey wish I could be there in Baytown but a little too far a drive :-) Any way
good luck and keep us posted with the results.

Bill