11sec dak- How I did it

From: Tom & Fern Moffat (tomm@datarecall.net)
Date: Tue Jun 30 1998 - 19:07:21 EDT

Greetings!
  From a new DML subscriber. I finally broke down and bought a computer. I guess its because I' ve been spending to much time on my truck!
 The first thing I' d like to say is that is no max-effort, high dollar race truck. Any member can easily replicate what I' ve done for a relatively modest investment.
MODS:
 318 stock short block
 Magnum heads- Hughes stage 1 port job(stock valves) int=240cfm/exh=180@ 500 lift
valvetrain-RC performance pushrods,retainers&keepers; comp cams -custom grind cam 512/520 lift; duration 206/212 @ .0500; 112 seperation; crower roller rockers 1.72 ratio
Intake- M-1 single plane drilled for fuel injectors
(24lb)
Throttle body- bored by AST in Houston
Ignition- MSD 6a
Power adder- Nitrous Express Gemini plate system -150HP (adjustable)
Regulator- mallory FP regulator on return line (92 daks)
Headers- Doug Thorley.no cat, 3" to the back,Warlock bypass muffler
Tranny- 518 2600 stall,shift kit
rearend- stock 3.92
Tires-MT ET streets 28X10
 That about covers it. This truck is driven daily getting 16mpg. This truck use to have a vortech s-trim putting out 10 lbs of boost. I' ve learned quite a bit over the years about this truck. I hope the members find it useful.
Sorry I almost forgot:
ET: 11.5 @118 (150 shot N20)
60ft:1.70
Motor:13.2 @103.8

PS I just added a 3800 stall converter and Weld wheels(5 lug coversion) I'm going to the track this friday at Baytown,TX. Anyone care to join-come on!