RE:32"Tires

From: William T. Goldbach (goldbach@tellink.net)
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 18:23:16 EST

Like I said, if it is stock (stock height, wheels, etc...) the 32" tires
won't fit. The ones I have are somewhat smaller at 31.5" dia., and they DO
rub. I'm sure that with a 4" lift kit, you could fit almost anything in
there. But, are HUGE tires a good idea? I think not. First, you will slow
your truck down A LOT. Those big heavy tires offer a great deal of rolling
resistance, as well as requiring a lot of power to just set into motion. The
gear ratios will be effectively made higher, which also reduces acceleration
drastically. Your gas mileage will also suffer. -Bill