NV-3500 5-speed

From: Jeff Ostrowski (dogdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 19 1998 - 01:27:46 EST

I just got my 97 dak back from the dealer with another new NV-3500
5-speed trans. Anyway this time I sheered the main gear on the input
shaft and the main gear on the counter shaft, both of these gears are
always meshed except when in neutral. And the first time the trans went
I simply broke the main input shaft. I know many of you have had great
luck with this 5-speed behind the 5.2, but I havn't, I hope this next
one changes that. In defense of the NV-3500 this new one has allot less
gear whine in first & second. Not sure why the first one went at 11K,
but I think the second one was a lemon trans because of excessive gear
whine even when new. I run a stock 5.2 so I find it hard to think I
should be shearing input shafts and main gears. Anyway this is just an
update, it feels great to be driving the dak again....