RE: [Fwd: Re: sweet headers for a reasonable price]

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 11:52:50 EST

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Jason Jennings wrote:

> Where do most of you guys grab your Stage One TBs???? I am also curious
> as to the location of the illusive 180 Stat I have heard so much
> about???? I was guided to look in the end of the radiator housing where
> it meets the engine area???? That really nasty location behind/below
> the AC lines????? Ok, that is right.... I have never done a darn thing
> to a car that involved replacing stock items w/ cool initials and/or
> anachronyms. Thanks...

  :-) Neither did I, before this list... The most I ever did before
was to change the oil, but now I'm changin' thermostats, cutting up
the exhaust system, installing headers, porting throttle bodies, and
on and on... :-) This stuff isn't really all that hard when you
know what you're doing; the hard part is knowing what you're
doing... :-)

   As far as the thermostat location goes, there are some pictures
of the little guy here that can probably help you out:

http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/UPGRADES/TSTAT/index.html

                                              -Jon-