Re: Sport Truck Jan99

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 23 1998 - 15:34:51 EST

Eric says:
>got that too! Why is Terry runnin new 5.2 Magnum heads on a 71 340 block?
>That doesn't make sense to me! maybe I'm wrong but arent those pre-emission
>340 heads awesome? I've raced 340 dusters and what not before and those
>things are smokin' hot! Why put newer 318 heads on it? Hmmm

Actually, the Magnum heads are some of the best breathing heads Chrysler has
ever made. I think the W5 heads are derived from the Magnum combustion
chamber design, but for bigger valves and greater valve lift.

I didnīt know the new heads would bolt up to the older blocks... I thought
there-
were a few bolts in different places.

Anyone know whether thereīs enough wall thickness in a 318 block to bore out
to a 340? Or is it better to start with a 360 block?

Jim