Re: Dakota quad-cab

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 23 1998 - 21:07:36 EST

At 06:54 PM 12/23/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Maybe this is old news. I just saw a picture of a quad-cab Dakota, this
>is a real 4-door. I am not talking about an extended cab w/ suicide
>opening doors, I mean fullsize rear doors ala Durango. Go to
>4adodge.com, click on the little Dakota. Directly under where it says
>"Dodge Dakota doesn't suprise the experts" there is a small article. Go
>just below this article and click in the space where it would make a
>perfect triangle w/ the shaded part. There is nothing there but white,
>but trust me, this is where the article is. This is very hard to explain
>on email. If this is old news please ignore my ignorance. Looks kinda
>neat, available w/ 3.9 V6, 4.7 V8, and 5.9 V8.
>
>Erich

  Yep, right you are! Here's the direct URL for those who don't
want to go treasure hunting:

http://www3.4adodge.com/dakota/frameset_dakota.html?models/quad_cab

  That engine comment is interesting... Looks like the 5.9 will be
available in this truck. (I wonder if it will be available in
"normal" (non quad cab & non R/T) models too?))

   Tiny little bed on the thing though! :-) I'm sure some people
are going to rip it for that... Probably was the only way to retain
the existing driveline though... I could have used that heated back
window today!! :-)

                                               -Jon-