Re: Dakota quad-cab

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Wed Dec 23 1998 - 22:16:47 EST

Isn't that the model that they either already make in Brazil or will be ?

Maybe they'll just import it ?

I guess they abandoned the idea of the suicide doors in order to scoop the
competition .

cool

I think in order to keep the same frame , they will have to go with like a
4' bed .

I read that ford is doing something similar like a cross between the
explorer and the ranger with 4 full doors and a short bed .

At 09:07 PM 12/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 06:54 PM 12/23/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>Maybe this is old news. I just saw a picture of a quad-cab Dakota, this
>>is a real 4-door. I am not talking about an extended cab w/ suicide
>>opening doors, I mean fullsize rear doors ala Durango. Go to
>>4adodge.com, click on the little Dakota. Directly under where it says
>>"Dodge Dakota doesn't suprise the experts" there is a small article. Go
>>just below this article and click in the space where it would make a
>>perfect triangle w/ the shaded part. There is nothing there but white,
>>but trust me, this is where the article is. This is very hard to explain
>>on email. If this is old news please ignore my ignorance. Looks kinda
>>neat, available w/ 3.9 V6, 4.7 V8, and 5.9 V8.
>>
>>Erich
>

> Yep, right you are! Here's the direct URL for those who don't
>want to go treasure hunting:
>
>http://www3.4adodge.com/dakota/frameset_dakota.html?models/quad_cab
>
> That engine comment is interesting... Looks like the 5.9 will be
>available in this truck. (I wonder if it will be available in
>"normal" (non quad cab & non R/T) models too?))
>
> Tiny little bed on the thing though! :-) I'm sure some people
>are going to rip it for that... Probably was the only way to retain
>the existing driveline though... I could have used that heated back
>window today!! :-)
>

> -Jon-

> | Affiliations: DoD, EAA, MP Race Team, NMA, SPA, USUA. RP-SEL |
> | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.58@93.55), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |
> `----------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net