4x4 question

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 24 1998 - 19:22:37 EST

I got the pleasure of driving home last night (260 mi.) though much ice
and slush and crap and stupid people. Missed a 8 car pile up by a
couple of yards. The Dak did fine save for the radiator freezing over;
how's that happen with 160+ degree water inside????

I did use 4wheel spin on an ice covered bridge, however the front end
did not disengage after I told it to. When I hit a dry(er) peice of
pavemnet, there was a loud pop from the front right wheel. Anyone have
a clue to what this could be? Trnasfer case fluid was changed about
20,000 ago and front dif fluid approx. the same time.

Jon Smith
95 CC SLT 4x4x318 60,000mi
ICQ# 9720504