Re: Dakota delivery \ Rebates

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 26 1998 - 08:56:36 EST

In a message dated 12/26/98 8:15:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gbpack@freewwweb.com writes:

 am still waiting. Dealer said 6-8 wks. I have a question on rebates.
 The dealer said I am entitled to any factory rebates that are available
 the day the truck is delivered. Presently there is a $500 rebate that
 ends
 Jan. 4. It doesnt look like Im going to make that date. Does anyone
 know if Chrysler normally extends their incentive deadlines or will they

 offer different incentives or none at all? >>

    Bob,
    First off, that's a load of crap. The dealer is suppose to extend you
whatever rebate there is available at the time of ordering. Especially if you
put down cash at time of order. If not, then you should call him up now and
tell him of the rebate that is going on right now, (as if he doesnt know) and
ask him politely if he is going to extend to you the current rebate if the
factory cannot get you your Dak by Jan 4. If he says no, then tell him you
might have to cancel your order then! Theres another dealer that says he
will! Those rebates have dealer rebates attached to them. That means,
there's extra money that goes with your 500! It's usually like an extra 400
that the dealer gets for selling that vehicle. My dealer gives me the entire
amount as a gift for buying the truck from him! And, I get that amount put
towards my down payment when I order the truck. So if I bring in 2000 to put
down, if there is a rebate of 500 I get to put down 2900 because of his part
of the rebate that he gives me.
Just my .02!
Eric