Re: new stereo

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sat Dec 26 1998 - 22:27:03 EST

These trucks can be really simple to work on sometimes.

> Thanks to everyone who answered my question on how to take off the
> dash trim. Just installed a Pioneer deh736 head unit and it sounds great

> ...next step - an amp and two 10's.

On mine I mounted an amp on the rear cab wall in the center and hid the
wires by making small holes in the carpeted panel and running the wires
behind the carpet. I have a single Pioneer 10" in a slope cabinet behind
the driver seat. If I add another on the other side I will have to relocate
the Jack.
I also enlarged the holes in the metal part of the door where the front
speakers were and put 8" Pioneers in there. I actually believe 10" would
have fit. Sound comes through the stock grills just fine. Added slim line
Pioneer 5.25 coaxials in the kick panels. I do not use the rear side wall
speakers because there is not enough room or good mounting for decent ones
in the reg cab models.
I have the Pioneer DEH-P85DHR head unit and I power all the speakers except
the sub with the built in amp.
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC