Steering Woes, etc.

From: Davis Jensen (davisjensen@loop.com)
Date: Sat Dec 26 1998 - 23:47:27 EST

I have a 98 Sport CC 2wd with 5k miles (5.2L, 5 spd, 3.92:1) and on cool
mornings the power steering won't work to the right until I turn it to the
left a few times. It also continues to have a stiff spot to the right even
after it breaks loose. This can be a little disconcerting when trying to
change lanes, as you have to overcome the resistance and then it tends to
overshoot if you don't consciously hold it back. It's going back to the
dealer on Monday, but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced
problems with their 2wd power steering. Also, what is the story on the one
piece driveshaft? Mine has the 2 piece, and I am wondering if I should get
it changed. Does anyone make dropped splindles for 97 and up Daks? I'm
looking to drop the front about 2" and the rear 4", and would welcome any
feedback on what works and what doesn't.