Re: I wouldn't buy a JET

From: Michael Clark (markiiidakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 27 1998 - 17:29:13 EST

>From: Sam Parthemer <srp@home.com>

>2) I'd like to see a 5.7L RAM get 228 at the
>rear wheels (stock)... That's over 278 hp @
>the motor.. Where does Dodge hide these
>things?

Well I did get 224.7 out of my 5.2 at the rear wheels. 'Course it ain't
stock. But I see where you're coming from.

>3) How'd they get the HP readings?? The
>graph shows PEAK HP at 5000 RPM....
>Funny, my Dyno runs look a lot like Michael
>Clarks, and neither of ours look like the
>one on JETS pages...

I haven't looked at the graphs myself, but I do know there's no way my
peak hp is at 5000. I think they must have used dyno information from a
small block chivy, hence the 5.7 BS....

I haven't had any dealings with Jet, but when I see something like this
a red flag goes off in my head. If they can't get it straight what
motor is in our trucks, then do I really want them to sell me a computer
chip? Could just be a typo or a bonehead web editor, but something to
keep in mind when considering sending them your hard earned money...

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html