Re: Motor gone bad

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 27 1998 - 18:43:18 EST

<< Speaking of cranks, which is better, billet or forged? I have always
 assumed forged was better. And... Does anyone know a good source for
 forged (or billet, whichever is stronger) cranks, rods, pistons, etc.
 for our Magnum engines? (Just getting ready for the day when I can
 introduce my Dak to an earth-shaking shot of juice...) =)

Billet is way stronger. But I dont know of anyone building em for Magnums.
If they are the same as a early small block Mopar, then I can get my hands on
a forged crank for free. Remember that early 68-70 318-340's had forged
cranks. Mopar lists the rods and pistons in their 98 catalog.

Brad