Re: Parts damage count!!!!

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 13:14:36 EST

Broken Dak Brad sez:
>That boat anchor was a V8. Yah, its junked all right. The only salvagable
>parts are the intake manifold, flywheel, harmonic balancer, and maybe the head
>castings. Did I mention that even the dipstick is wasted???

I would think those Magnum heads and intake would be worth _something_. At
least to you. I´d have the short block dropped in so you have
transportation, and meanwhile send those old heads off to have them
ExtrudeHone´d (ported) and rebuild them for higher rpm. The heads will bolt
up to either a 5.2 or 5.9 Magnum bottom end...

Good luck!

Jim
´93 4x4 CC V8