What a JERK! (Webring members read)

From: Michael Clark (markiiidakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 16:48:51 EST

Sorry to clog the list with this, but I think some of you would like to
see this. (Especially the guys on the webring) I have just proven that
not all Dakota owners are cut from the same mold. This guy applied to
be in the webring and when I checked his page out I found it was damn
near a rip-off of my page.

http://members.tripod.com/~tormented/dakota.htm

Notice the 0-60 time, look familiar? And how about that "Dakota"
graphic, I could swear I spent several hours tweaking on that thing late
one night? People are free to use my graphics all they want but this
guy went as far as to steal actual phrases from my page as well!!
Maybe this guy should be driving a brand X, his attitude would certainly
fit in better. See for yourself below it gets better...

The first of your "concerns"  was the matter of the horsepower of
my Mark III Dakota! I have researched this through several sources,
and have had the appropriate tests conducted.  Modifications of this
truck consist of:        Manifold Cut-Outs, Power Chip, Dual Exhaust,
slight
catalytic converter mods. Engine modifications have been done as well.
The second of your concerns is the fact that my Mark III Dakota is a
V6.? Why would this be a concern? Would I have stated that
my Dakota WAS A V6, if in fact it wasn't? Wouldn't I want to brag
about the fact that it was "termed" a V8!
My Dakota in fact is a Mark III Dakota that was purchased from the
showroom at Cowboy White Chrysler-Plymouth-Dodge, here in Ripley,
WV.
Nearly all Mark III Dakota's you've seen?? So, you have seen some Mark
III Dakota's!  Why was this questioned then.  I don't understand
some of your questions, as they seem to contradict other comments you
made
in this E-Mail. The information provided on my Web Page is INDEED
correct and I have the information provided to my by my mechanic who is
a race pit crew tech. I feel that the appropriate and adequate tests
have been conducted on this vehicle.

My tires aren't the same as yours.  Mine in fact are much more
expensive, as I know the prices of tires.  The speakers I have in
my truck are in fact the Infinity 5 1/4 speakers and the rears are
Jensens,
because 5x7's are a difficult size to find and the Jensens are the only
set that did not require modification to the rear panel behind the seat.

I did not use the quote "MARK III
CONVERSION..................etc..........."!
This is what the Mark III conversion actually consists of, isn't it, or
does it differ? Does my picture not show that the truck is indeed
a Mark III conversion? Oh, and I didn't use your graphics, they came
from the mark iii page, you know, where you got them!

I feel that my Dakota is beyond the realm of the Dakota Webring,
so I have decided to remove the webring peraphanelia from the bottom
of my web page, as I feel that it is cluttering the
page, and isn't providing the increased traffic that I had hoped
for.
The webring also doesn't offer any benifits to it's members, or PERKS.
All I have experienced is this e-mail, which has taken me about 2
minutes
to type and therefore has taken my valuable time!

Thank you for taking the time to check out my page, for my truck really
is THE BOMB!  I would drag 'ya any day!

Michael Collins
P.S.  Ooh, Damn, we have the same initials! Sorry man!  Didn't mean to
steal those!

Michael Clark wrote:

 Michael, I was just about to add your page into the Dakota webring,
however a few things on your page caught my attention.  The first thing
I noticed is that you state the horsepower is 257 and that it is a 3.9
liter v6.  Have you done any mods to it?  To get a 3.9 to make that kind
of horsepower requires extensive modifications.  Also the fact that it
is a MarkIII and a v6 caught my eye as well.  Nearly all MarkIII's I've
come across are v8's.  I just want to check with you and be sure of this
information.  Part of the things I try to look out for on the webring
sites is that the information that is presented is correct.  Part of my
philosophy for the ring is that it should be not only a webring, but a
valuable resorce for Dakota information. Another thing I noticed kinda
bothered me, that you used phrases from my page.  For example:"Mark III
conversion which consists of ground effects, leather, wood grain trim,
etc...""Infinity 5 1/4" Kappas in the front and 5X7 Jensens in
Rear." These are word for word identical.  Do you think you could change
these statements up just a bit.  You can use any of the graphics if you
want to though.  Do you really have the same speakers that I do?  Man
that's wierd... Sorry to be so critical of things, but I try to keep the
webring as top notch as possible. Thanks.---Mike, near Houston.---
My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html\

Kinda funny huh? I felt my email to him had valid questions and
concerns. I didn't say he was lying about anything. But now he has to
insult everyone, take his toys and go home.... childish. Feel free to
email this guy and tell him your fellings with his page (good or bad).
I know I will tonight when I get home, got nothing else to do but waste
time anyway. No benefits from the ring!? I guess that's why I've had
over 8000 hits on mine, counter reset at 6000. BTW has any ring member
NOT experienced an increase in traffic after joining?