Re: 4x4 Front end growl - Skidplates

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Tue Dec 29 1998 - 22:05:26 EST

Yep, that was me... Let me know if it works. Joel suggested it might be
the exhaust down pipes rubbing and I might try moving them around a bit
next chance I get. This notion makes sense to me (even though I can't
*see* any contact marks on the exhaust) 'cause I installed headers on mine
and I suspect those down pipes ride just a hair lower with the shorties
installed.

Do you have headers on your 318 or are they still the stock manifolds?

Anyway, I'll shoot up a flair if I find out anything.

T.

BTW, what's up with the "|" marks where a "'" should be in your messages?... just curious.