Re: RE: Golden West Performance

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 16:21:26 EST

At 11:09 AM 12/30/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I spoke with these guys regarding the SC they carry. I was informed there
>was an oil line that needed to me connected to the stock oilpan. This line
>is used for cooling for the SC. Although I have not investigated other SC
>setups, I don't think I would like an SC connected to my oilpan. If that SC
>ever scattered, goodbye entire motor. Maybe I am over-reacting, but, maybe
>not...

   Back when I was researching a supercharger for my '96, the type
that tied into the existing oil system seemed to be the way to go.
  You don't have to worry about a seperate oil supply for the SC,
the cooling seems to be more efficient, etc.

  I don't know anything about the setup you described above, but if
the oil line is a feed to the supercharger, a one way valve would
keep any debree from going back down into the oil pan. But, if
its the exit from the supercharger, I can see your point. I
wouldn't want bits and pieces going into my oil either. But
wouldn't any debree big enough to harm the engine get stopped
by the oil filter?

                                               -Jon-