Re: 3" Trailmaster Body Lift.

From: binary/IIRG (binary@shoelace.digivill.net)
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 12:17:29 EST

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 HKUSP40578@aol.com wrote:

> << Has anyone used the 4" suspention lift? It's really expensive and I'm not
> crazy on doing anything is isn't reversible...
> >>

> No but I do plan on installing the kit sometime late next year on my 93 Dakota
> 4x4 with the V6 and 3.55 LSD rear. I know body lifts are cheap and some people
> love em, but I have heard too many stories like yours to put one on my Dakota.
> The 4 inch kit it about $1200 and another $550 to have it put on, I would want
> an ASE tech do this not me. I have a great 4WD shop about 45 minutes away, I
> have heard nothing but great reviews from them. I have inspected 2 Dakotas
> that had this lift and it was very solid and complete. The owners also loved
> them. I plan on having the kit installed, with both dual front and rear

they must have had older daks or automatic trans. because right now the
location of the shifter sucks! its driving me crazy... I the extender they
provided wasn't close to the right size.. so I guess they changed some
things..

> they wore out after only 1 year. I will never buy a shock unless it comes with
> the urethane bushings. Great post by the way, very informative.

Yea.. I used a big hammer and a bench vice to install the bushings..

- nick

www.digivill.net/~binary/dak