Re: 3" Trailmaster Body Lift.

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 00:43:20 EST

<< Has anyone used the 4" suspention lift? It's really expensive and I'm not
 crazy on doing anything is isn't reversible...

No but I do plan on installing the kit sometime late next year on my 93 Dakota
4x4 with the V6 and 3.55 LSD rear. I know body lifts are cheap and some people
love em, but I have heard too many stories like yours to put one on my Dakota.
The 4 inch kit it about $1200 and another $550 to have it put on, I would want
an ASE tech do this not me. I have a great 4WD shop about 45 minutes away, I
have heard nothing but great reviews from them. I have inspected 2 Dakotas
that had this lift and it was very solid and complete. The owners also loved
them. I plan on having the kit installed, with both dual front and rear
shocks, as well as dual stabilizers, and running 32's. I replaced my factory
shocks at 50,000 miles with Rancho RS5000's....I love them, other than
spending 3 hours replacing the rubber bushings with polyurethane ones once
they wore out after only 1 year. I will never buy a shock unless it comes with
the urethane bushings. Great post by the way, very informative.
Kyle