Re: urethane bushings

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 10:06:51 EST

> Looks like it may be time to change some control arm bushings. Is there
> any manufacturors(sp?) of unethane bushins for Dak's?

  I don't know what you mean by "control arm," but I replaced all the anti-
sway bar bushings on my '95 4x2 with urethane. Simply measured the bars'
diameters, and ordered the greaseable urethane from Jeg's, as well as
the universal end-link sets (I have the Addco 7/8" rear bar in addition
to the stock front bar).

  I looked into replacing the leaf spring bushings, but didn't have any
luck finding Dak-specific parts. Maybe careful measuring will result in
a substitute.

  I notice you have a 4x4 with torsion bar front end; you might try the
same route, but I'm unfamiliar with that suspension.

  Ron