3.9 to 5.1 Engine Swap

From: Thomas Wood (twood1@PHEAA.ORG)
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 09:15:23 EST

OK guys help me out. I have a 97 SC 4x4 with the v6. I love this truck
except I should have gotten the v8. What I'm wondering is, if I wanted to
buy a v8 and have it put in. What are all of my options. How much will I
propably being looking at having to spend. I know I could check around at
junk yards for a wrecked truck but dependability is a major issue with me.
The idea of a new engine sounds good only because then I know what kind of
care has been given to it. Or would I be better off just keeping this
truck as is and trading it in a few years once there is some equity built
up. Help me see the light guys.

T. Matt
Harrisburg, PA