Re: 3.9 to 5.1 Engine Swap

From: binary/IIRG (binary@shoelace.digivill.net)
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 15:05:16 EST

On Thu, 31 Dec 1998, Thomas Wood wrote:

> OK guys help me out. I have a 97 SC 4x4 with the v6. I love this truck
> except I should have gotten the v8. What I'm wondering is, if I wanted to
> buy a v8 and have it put in. What are all of my options. How much will I
> propably being looking at having to spend. I know I could check around at

I have a 94 and would like to do the same thing (altough i can't afford it
for awhile).. some of the issues I think that are problems is that the
trannys on the 4cyl and 6cyl models are different from the one they use in
the 5.2l engines.. I'm thinking is probally cheeper to just sell the truck
and buy one with a 8..

- nick