Re[4]: Winter mode

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 11:11:09 EST

There is no reason you shouldn't run an open element in the winter as far
as I know... I swapped mine out based on a theory that Jon had about my
lousy gas mileage. I'm sure he can state it more clearly than I can, but
he basically said the colder, denser, air provides more O2 so the computer
compensates by throwing in more fuel --or something like that.

Anyway, it's an easy swap so I figured I'd give it a try. I just filled
the tank yesterday so it will be a couple of days before I get any data.

T.