Re: Noisy speedometer

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sat Jan 02 1999 - 02:26:49 EST

Older Daks have mechanical spedos while newer ones are electronic
and therefore noiseless. On the older spedos there is really
nothing inside the instrument to oil but greasing the cable core
may stop the noise. Otherwise, when spedos get a lot of miles on
them sometimes a little bearing inside wears out and the only
cure is a new spedo (or one from a wrecking yard that is not yet
worn out.)
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC