Can't seem to keep it clean!

From: Mitzi & David Fishman (fish@ihot.com)
Date: Sun Jan 03 1999 - 01:25:38 EST

I guess I broke an etiquette rule a while back, by not introducing
myself before asking questions. Please excuse my transgression and
allow me to restart.

Hi, I am new to the list, and apparently one of the very few
Californians on the DML. I bought my white '99 SLT+ CC 5.2 4x4 auto
(just about all options except full-time 4WD and bucket seats) in
November and enjoy driving it so much, that I haven't been on my '97 BMW
R11RT but once since I brought the truck home from the dealer. That
will probably change once the novelty wears off and the weather warms
up.

With the encouragement of this list, I've made a few mods: 3" Gibson
single catback, Mopar diamond plate bedrail protectors, molded mudflaps,
K&N drop-in, and removed tailgate decals.

So...where's all this going? Right here...it was such a beautiful day
today, that I decided to wash the truck myself (usually take it to the
carwash), then rub it down with a coat of Maguire's polish. Even
cleaned the wheels, put shiney goop on the tires, and vacuumed. The
truck was absolutely spotless and gorgeous...a perfect time to take
photos. So, off I go, looking for the right setting to snap some
shots. 15 miles later, I finally found a shady spot in the woods to
snap my shots, but then, just as I'm about to stop, I notice a dirt/mud
road off to the left, and without thinking, I just motor on into the
woods, totally forgetting that I just spent about two hours detailing
the truck. Oh well...got my shots anyway...just a lot dirtier than I
had intended.

That never used to be the case with my 5.0 mustang...I'd clean it up and
avoid wet roads for weeks. This Dakota just has a mind of its own and
wants to go get dirty. Guess I won't be washing or waxing it anytime
soon.

One question for those of you who added headers to a 3" catback: any
change to lowend power/torque, or is it just a "sound" thing?

Best regards and wish everyone a happy new year.

fish
San Jose, CA
'99 SLT+ CC 5.2 4x4