Re: Re: DML Digest V4 #117

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sun Jan 03 1999 - 14:37:52 EST

<<have a few questions for you current Dakota Owners out there.

>First allow me to introduce myself: The name is Ward, I live in the DC
>Metro Area and will soon be the proud owner of a Dakota Truck.>>

Welcome to the list Ward.

<<I am debating between the V6 or the 5.2 V8>>

I whine a lot about my gas mileage with my 5.2L V8, but I wouldn't have it any
other way... Why have chicken when you can have a nice thick juicy steak
instead? :-) On the other hand, a lot of guys have the 6 and seem more than
happy with it. Unless you have some serious towing, heavy hauling or serious
performance mods lined up for your truck --I'd say this one boils down to
personal preference.

<<as well as the Painted or Chrome bumpers (Sport or SLT)>>

Totally personal preference here... I bought a '98 sport+ but the SLT's I saw
were awfully tempting/sharp looking. I figured I had enough chrome on my
motorcycle so I went with the sport.

<<The dealers keep trying to suggest the limited slip diff. option but I
don't think its needed...>>

I didn't get the factory LSD as I assumed (wrongly!) that I could buy a locker
for the rear diff. I like to go 4 wheeling so a locker or LSD is important to
me. You didn't say if you were looking for a 4x4 or 4x2... If your going 4x2
I'd say the LSD is a must.

Good luck on your search. Any way you go it's hard to imagine that you won't be
happy with whatever Kota you decide on!

T.