RE: 4x4 & Anti lock brakes

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jan 03 1999 - 15:33:38 EST

I had not problems when my wife and I were in Colorado last year, and we
went up and down a couple of washboard dirt roads. I used 4 wheel drive to
give it a try both up and down the hills, and I never had a problems with
the breaks kicking into ABS mode. And yes, I have 4WABS. But, I have heard
of some people having problems, though I do not know what the road
enviroment was, or how they were driving

John
98 Dak CC Sport 4X4, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar Headers, DDBC

<snip>
Ok you 4x4's out there, I have a ? for you, when on a downslope, on
dirt/gravel, do you have any brakeing problems, with the anti-locks
releaseing the brakes, as you are trying to apply them? I have a
4x2, and will be on some nasty dirt roads this spring, and wonder
if I should pull the ABS fuse, and have "brakes when I want them"
<unsnip>