RE: Induction Noise (Amps/Speakers)

From: Brucklacher, Brett (brettb@amgen.com)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 15:49:23 EST

Good point, Shaun. I've never had to resort to chokes, but I had heard they
work when all else seems to fail. A good clean ground is, in my experience,
the most important element.

Of course I've never gone for the truly "earth-shattering" sound systems in
my own vehicles-- My Dak is 35Wx4 into the fronts and rears (supplied by the
head unit) and 150Wx1 into a Kicker Solobaric. Clean sound, no distortion,
tight bass without being boomy. I'd have put a smaller amp on the sub(75 or
100 max), but the 150 watter was what I already had left over. Keeping it
simple turned this into one of my best sounding vehicles. Capable of loud
volumes, but rarely do I push it past the level where normal human
conversation is possible. On long solo trips, I crank her up a bit, but I do
like to hear my engine rumbling along as well. I've got nothing against
those that like the loud booms (well, at 3:00 AM as they drive through my
parking lot I do!) I just happen to like to hear all frequencies in my
music. ;)

As always, YMMV...

--Brett