Re: RE:DML Y2K (non-Dak)

From: Brian Pearson (bpearson@bwn.net)
Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 20:41:45 EST

>Uh, isn't it going to be the Year 2000 next year?
>I wonder if the people in 1899 argued back and forth
>about where 1900 was the start of the 20th century...

well if they did it would not have been threw e-mail, =-)

>>easy to manage, but that's the way it is. No debate about it. Those who
>say
>>the new millennium starts on 1-1-2000 are wrong.

the problem is when a computer saves dates with two digits, 96,97,98,99 none
of that is a problem untill you enter the year 2000 and the date shows up as
00,01,etc. Thefore the problem is that all accouthing software and anything
that has to do with bill paying will show that you have not payed your bill
in 99 years, which is a lot of intrest.

Of course the leap year is a problem as well, every four years we have a
leap year, well we also have a leap year every thousand years, the year 2000
has two leap years right on each other so they cancel each other out and it
will not be a leap year, but if you look at older calanders you will see
that they have it beeing a leap year based of the every 4 year theory.

Just my $0.02
Thanx, Brian
http://www.thepentagon.com/bpearson