Re: Take it easy on Jules

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 22:27:40 EST

<<What is this, a quarterly "lets bash jules" ritual?>>

Yep, 'was thinking the same thing... Not sure it's quarterly though --anybody
checked the lunar calendar for full moons and crossed it with the Jules roasting
sessions?? I'm serious! ;-)

<<Jules has a right to sell technical know how and not give it away.>>
<<snip>>

I don't know of any business that doesn't have proprietary or confidential
information or techniques. And if a speed/performance shop thinks they've got
something special that will give their customers an edge, I see no reason why
they would or should tell everyone exactly how they do it... Try asking Jeff
Gordon's chief mechanic *exactly* what makes his cars so fast. The response
would probably make a sailor blush!

<<I'll eventually figure it out myself, and I'll be better for it (probably)>>

No probably about it for me. I get the greatest satisfaction out of trying to
"roll my own" so to speak. I struggle, make mistakes, break things, make a
mess, piss and moan but in the end; I wouldn't have it any other way. The
advice, tips, experience and expertise (and I think you'll all agree Jules has
contributed quite a bit here) has helped me learn a great deal and is what makes
the DML such a great forum.

<<snip>>

'nuff said (too much, actually :-)

T.