Re: Any suggestions?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jan 08 1999 - 07:49:49 EST

<<<...I have a 2 inch shackle drop on the way to help improve
   off the line traction, hopefully and should be getting the
   stage II TB from Frank and Bruce when they get to them.
   OK, whats next. Bill>>>

I'd recommend adding a pair of drag radials if you haven't
done so already. I've read some 'car' articles on what can be
done to improve 1/4's. Most of them say up to a 0.5 sec. shaves
are possible with them. Track conditions (surface, temp., etc.)
are key to the gains. Manual transmission cars require much less
air than automatics (in general, 9-10 lbs vs 18-18.5 lbs). The lower
air pressure absorbs shock when the clutch is engaged, so the tire
can flex to deliver maximum bite.

I plan to experiment with the above this summer.

If you don't mind, what make of shackles did you get? I'm
thinking of doing a 1-2" rear drop as well.

Bob
Burlington