Re: Any suggestions?

From: William Blount Arthur (m990198@nadn.navy.mil)
Date: Fri Jan 08 1999 - 10:52:45 EST

I got the bel-tech shackles from Jegs. I tried to order some from summit
but they gave me the run around so bad that I called Jegs, guess what,
they had it ordered in 5 minutes as opposed to 25 minutes and they still
couldnt get their computer to work or something at summit. Anyways, the
Bel-Techs are 70 bucks in Jegs. You can get the generic lowering blocks
for Daks(but not rams) for around 40 bucks. I think the shackles are
easyer, but I have never messed with blocks. I have lifted some jeeps
with shackles before and it is the easyest way to change the ride I have
ever seen. Well, take it easy.

> I'd recommend adding a pair of drag radials if you haven't
> done so already. I've read some 'car' articles on what can be
> done to improve 1/4's. Most of them say up to a 0.5 sec. shaves
> are possible with them. Track conditions (surface, temp., etc.)
> are key to the gains. Manual transmission cars require much less
> air than automatics (in general, 9-10 lbs vs 18-18.5 lbs). The lower
> air pressure absorbs shock when the clutch is engaged, so the tire
> can flex to deliver maximum bite.

Ya mean like BFG comp T/A's? I am still using the tires that came on it
new, they are Goodyear GT II's (275/60 R17) It is quite a tire. I bet if
I could find some old rims that would fit the back of my truck and put
something with a smaller diameter on it for the track, it would be better
at the track. Well, I think I will replace the tires with BFG's when it
is time to, I have 40,000 miles on the truck so it wont be too long now.
Thanks!

Bill
'97 SS/T