Re[2]: Finally Got a Little Snow!

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Fri Jan 08 1999 - 21:53:32 EST

I haven't burnt off the stock Goodyear RT/S's yet so I'm sure that is part
of the problem in 2WD. In defense of these tires (sort of) I know that if
I slip it into 4WD I can almost floor it in the snow and she'll move like a
bat outa' hell --no slip, spin or side step; just straight ahead
git-up-and-go :-) With that said, I know there are much better tires out
there (like the Dunlops), but that wasn't the point of my fun tonight. I
was just curious how she would perform in the snow with only 2WD.
Interesting stuff, but I sure am glad I've got a 4X4!

The real neat thing was how well this truck braked in the greasy stuff even
w/out ABS... Do you have the same impression or is mine a one-of-a-kind?

T.