RE: mods / factory warranty

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sat Jan 09 1999 - 00:08:47 EST

> It's been 3 weeks today since I've ordered my dak and am planning on
> doing some mods on the V6 when I get it. I'm not a "gear head" by any
> means but plan on the 180 tstat and trying the Meldrum air intake.
>
> My question is: I can't see the tstat affecting the factory warranty
> but will changing the air intake void the warranty.

Neither will void your warranty.

> I considered getting the v8 but I decided on the V6 (have a Kawasaki
> Eliminator for when I feel like going fast). Are there any other good
> mods for the V6 that will not affect the warranty.

Mods??
I'd start first with an FIPK and a mod'ed TB, then the ignition (MSD6a,brass
cap and Magnacore (sp) 8.5mm wires. After that... if you have a slushbox
tranny a shiftkit. Then a Catback exhaust like a Borla or Gibson.

Just my two cents worth...
Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd