removing tensioner

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Sun Jan 10 1999 - 12:21:31 EST

" The only thing that I can see that's holding the tensioner on is a
torx head bolt in the middle of the assembly. Around this bolt it says
"do
not dis-assemble". It looks like that if I take out this bolt, the whole

assembly will come apart (including the spring, which is pretty tight).
How
the hell do I get this damn thing off? Do I just un bolt it, and hope I
don't catch a spring to my cranium? Dose anybody need a 5.9L bottom end
(complete with wiring harness)? Thanks for any help. "

- Glenn,
   There is a stud sticking out of the back of the tensioner assembly
that goes through
the bracket and is held in place by a nut threaded onto the stud.
Remove this nut from
the stud and the tensioner will come off. The do not disassemble label
is to keep people
from trying to actually take the spring loaded tensioner assembly apart.

Patrick