Questions: Stock Air Inlet Modifying

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 10 1999 - 17:19:32 EST

I have been trying to think of someway to very cheaply increase the amount
of air getting into my TB, and since I will shortly be getting a TB from
Frank and Bruce, I would like to run by some ideas I have. First off let me
say I am not interested in a FIPK/FABM, or anything similar. My truck is a 93
Dakota 4x4 V6, so the air intake comes from the grill into the round style
air filter housing over the TB. I do have a hi-flo 2 Stage Amsoil air filter
that I am very impressed and happy with. I already took off the 'air
deflector' plastic plate near the grill and I also sealed up the 3 piece
factory air inlet tubing with silicon caulk, so no air coming form the grill
can escape. Here is what I have thought of(laugh if you want; not sure if it
will work or is worth doing):
     *Drill some 1/2-3/4 inch holes in the black metal air filter housing
sides,5-6 holes; possibly to draw in from the engine bay.
     *Drill some holes of similar size in the black air inlet pipe that is
coming from the grill
     *a combo of both??
So, am I really a idiot, or are these somewhat good?
Kyle
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)