RE: Questions: Stock Air Inlet Modifying

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Sun Jan 10 1999 - 21:45:23 EST

Kyle,
You really don't need to do that. We tested one of the V-8 TB's, air horns
removed, using one of the air cleaner housings like yours. With a new
element, we only noticed a 30 CMF difference between the two tests (with and
without the air cleaner housing). There may be some restriction in the air
inlet pipe but you are drawing cold air from the front of the vehicle. I
actually used the air cleaner housing and ducting from a Dak on my Ram
before the Vortech went on. Not a bad setup for a stocker but keep the
element clean. My thoughts.......

        Frank