RE:Water wetter was: Amsoil vs. Redline vs. ?

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Jan 11 1999 - 18:59:19 EST

Russ,
I tried water wetter in my Jensen (British) and my Barracuda (was getting
hot at high speed). NO noticable difference with the standard guages on
either vehicle. I think It is basically a surfactant and reduces the
surface tension of the water to allow better "contact" and heat tranfer. Im
not a total naysayer, but I cant imagine needing it on anything but an older
british or italian car with inherent marginal cooling and AL alloy heads or
blocks. Big chunks of cast iron have too high a thermal mass for real
improvements from somthing like that. Jet dry dish washing additive seems
to be basically the same stuff only blue... all of the above is IMO :^).
Bruce